Wednesday, April 22, 2009

grow no evil – go green, thumb first

Think of what we could do if everyone did what he or she can, for just one day every year. Amazing, isn’t it. Today is Earth Day. Well, it is too bad that most people will not do a single thing different today. So it is going to be up to us to do more the rest of the year to make up for them.


I try to do what I can by growing my own veggies. I am not going to go into all the benefits that our planet gets from me doing this. I am not going to go into all the fossil fuels that won’t be used or how each plant (albeit a small amount) helps clean the air of nasty Co2.


Do you know why? Because I will admit that me doing this is partially selfish. Not only am I saving a butt ton (that’s a real measurement, kinda) of money by doing this, but I am also getting some better quality goods in the process. That’s always a good thing.


You want another reason? Have you ever tasted a tomato that was allowed to fully ripen on the vine? The store bought ones may be red. That doesn’t mean they are ripe, though. You should try it. It may just change your life forever.


Happy Earth Day! Lets make up for some green slackers today….and tomorrow, and the next. Man, I wish these people would get on board and help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment